Monday, February 20, 2006

Evangelical Bias, The Great Threat of Modern Conservatism

This article below illustrates only a certain aspect of why I believe the evangelical right is destroying the Republican Party and moreover, it is why I believe they are destroying the conservative movement. It is their narrow zeal that keeps us from signficant progression. It is not about equality, it is not about morals or prosperity but about their "christian kingdom". A single idea based on a narrow world view of christianity, and all those that oppose that idea. This narrowly defined world view of nothing or all why I fear the evangelical movement to my very core.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2006/02/19/is_america_ready_for_a_mormon_president/

1 comments:

Matt said...

Head, I find myself agreeing with you more and more. In this case, I think you are 'right' on point (pun intended).

There is a constituency in this country that are so narrow in their thinking that a 'non-christian' according to their definition is not only unfit to be president, but also consigned to hell, fire and brimstone, blah, blah, blah. According to this article, 30% of the Republican electorate subscribe to this narrow view of religion, politics and society at large.

I don't wholeheartedly subscribe to the idea that the far-right is more dangerous than the far-left, but I'm starting to see more validity in that point.

Good Post Head, Viva La Romney...