Friday, November 10, 2006

Republicans Furious at GWB

Great article from the hill. http://www.thehill.com/thehill/export/TheHill/News/Frontpage/110906/rumsfeld2.html

While I think Pres. Bush has handled this war like a coyote handles a rooster, I think he was right in not accepting the resignation of Rumsfeld just a couple of weeks before the election. This would have looked like an attempt to make the war more political than it already is.

Had the Pres. been truly interested in helping the republicans keep their majority and show the American people that he truly cared about how the war was being run he would have accepted the resignation of Rumsfeld the first time he tried. This looks like a ploy to save face in his final years.

What a complete mess of a president Bush has been. I'm selling " I voted for Bush...and I'm sorry " bumperstickers for $10 anyone want one?

1 comments:

CitizenSaint said...

I will say this for Bush... being President in this day and age must be difficult. He has to walk such a fine line in so many ways. Especially fighting this new enemy. I don't argue with the fact that we should be fighting in Iraq and elsewhere, but I sure do think we should have killed all those idiots a long time ago. There have to be civilian casualties in a war with these morons... but how do you do it? How do you kill in war and cause havoc on the population that allows them to exist and still try and be "diplomatic" with other countries? I think that this world is going to fall... and PC will be the reason.